Kevin A. Hoffman, Partner
Kevin participates in a wide variety of the firm’s complex civil litigation matters. In his time at the firm, Kevin has spearheaded the birth and growth of the counter-terrorism practice area involving litigation against state sponsors of terrorism and sanctioned companies on behalf of victims of terrorist acts and their families. Kevin and the firm have secured approximately $700M in civil judgments against the Islamic Republic of Iran and currently represent more than 200 victims and family members in pending or soon to be filed litigation.
Prior to joining Singer Davis, Kevin served as Law Clerk to the Hon. Henry Coke Morgan, Jr. in the Norfolk/Newport News Divisions of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Kevin studied law at Regent University, graduating cum laude in 2014. While at Regent, he served as the Lead Articles Editor for the Regent University Law Review and as Vice-Chairman of the Trial Advocacy Board. Kevin also gained valuable oral advocacy and international experience as an Oralist for Regent’s Price Media Law Moot Court Programme team that finished second overall at the 2013 International Round in Oxford, England. Prior to law school, he graduated from Grove City College, cum laude, with a B.A. in Political Science.
Kevin is also kept plenty busy away from the office by twin boys and two daughters. He and his wife, Brittany, although New Jersey natives by birth, have fallen in love with Virginia Beach and are proud to call Hampton Roads their home.
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- US District Court for District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- Federal Bar Association, Hampton Roads Chapter
- Virginia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Virginia Beach Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars: 2018-2021